Wednesday 14 December 2011

Suitcase update

So this week I decided I really should pack my cases properly. I took everything out of my souvenir case (felt like I was opening an Aussie show bag) and repacked it. Milo, pavlova mix, vegemite jar wrapped in bubble wrap, lollies, pins, koala clips, flags, stickers, books etc etc etc kept pouring out. I culled some stuff, shoved it all back in (although there is still plenty of room in the bag) and put it on the scale.....22.4 kilos. Limit is 23....phew!!


Then onto my clothes/toiletries case. Again, pulled everything out of the vacuum sealed bags and set it all out. Culled about 4 items, added about 6. Forgot about shoes and then added my paperwork. On the scales.....24 kilos. Bugger bugger bugger!! Oh well, looks like I am saving my pennies for the next week to pay the $50 to get it upgraded to 32 kilos. Hmm....that means I still have around 6 kilos of stuff to put in that case...I wonder what else I can cram in....


Oh ps...it is now 12 days until I go. Its still a tad surreal that I am going to be leaving so soon...