Friday, 30 December 2011

Halfway there!! (well sorta)

Had to post this after typing it as I didn't have wifi...

So here I am, sitting at Abu Dhabi airport where I have already spent 13 hours on a plane. It actually was not that bad, had my dinner and a glass of red wine and as per usual, zonked out for the next 5 hours or so. Am going to try and get a bit of sleep on the next flight as well but not too much.

I have had to type this into word and then ill add it to the blog later…for some reason my computer wont connect to the airport wifi…boooo.

So typically, mum lost it at the airport. Not as bad as I thought so ill give her points for that. Don’t worry, I’ve already messaged her and told her that I am here and will again when I get into Toronto.

It bizarre… just feels like im going on a holiday and not living here for a  year. My main concern at the moment is whether I am about to be given the same breakfast meal for the second time today…..hmmm cant help it I’m hungry!!

So the second flight was purely an opposite of the first. 3, 4, 3 seats and smaller. The man on the window and myself on the aisle thought we had scored a spare middle seat which would have made the ride a hell of a lot nicer…but instead we got planted with an old man that spoke no English and clearly had a bladder/knee problem as he needed to get up allll the time. Add the man behind me that thought tapping the tv screen HARDER would make it work. pluse the screaming babies…..OH THE SCREAMING BABIES!!! When I invent my own plane company that is for families only I will be a bizillionaire.
Anyway I got into Toronto fine, hotel was warm and although I fell out of the shower (wait for bruise photos here) I got some dinner and slept very very well.

Oh and I got to speak to Louie!! Just crazy to come half way across the world to be only about 20 minutes away from the guy that I am swapping lives with for a year…but never actually meet J He sounds super excited to be heading to Oz…and I hope he gets that excited when he is there.

Now I’m sitting at the station and waiting for my train into London. Toronto has been a lovely -5 for most of the day…not kidding. I got my first nosebleed from the cold. Its cold and I will have to find my gloves in my case for sure….but on the plus side I have already got a bag of peanut butter m&m’s, a new cell number and internet plan, and found a pair of jeans, new years dress and cool frog hat at Old Navy (which I can see we are going to have a very good relationship in the next 12 months).

I can’t wait to get to my apartment, have a shower, warm up and go for a stroll in my home town. I am going to treat myself to dinner out tonight and then get into the home cooking/healthier options once I can get to a supermarket. Jen has booked me into a dinner tomorrow night with some of the girls which is super nice of her to do….they all are already fearing me and my party-girl ways (I don’t know what Louie has told them!)…..Let the adventures begin!!